HashiCorp is a cloud infrastructure automation company that enables organizations to adopt consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. HashiCorp open source tools Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad are downloaded thousands of times per day and are broadly adopted by the Global 2000. Enterprise versions of these products enhance the open source tools with features that promote collaboration, operations, governance, and multi-data center functionality. For more information, visit https://www.hashicorp.com or follow HashiCorp on Twitter @HashiCorp.
Software Engineer - Terraform Core
HashiCorp builds devops tools for modern applications. We build open source tools, and enterprise products on top of them. The HashiCorp suite empowers organizations to provision hybrid cloud infrastructure, secure secrets across distributed applications, and run dynamic resources.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the CLI. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
We want you to contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of Terraform Core, which includes Terraform's graph-based execution engine along with its configuration language, its command line interface, and its plugin protocols. These are the generic behaviors that apply regardless of which provider is in use.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on issues and improvements for Terraform Core that are critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Help support open source contributors, new and seasoned, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Help craft sometimes-conflicting requirements into a cohesive product by making design tradeoffs and employing pragmatism
You may be a good fit for our team if some of the following apply to you:
- You have experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience with customer support or open source community support to help interface with the Terraform community
- You are familiar and comfortable with common data structures and algorithms
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You have experience using Terraform
In your cover letter, please describe why you're enthusiastic about working at HashiCorp, and on the Terraform team in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway!